Marketing your business by publishing a news story is a great way to boost your search engine rankings and reach new customers. Writing a press release is only half the battle though and once you’re ready to ‘go live’, how do you ensure your news reaches the media? This is where a UK press release distribution service comes in, offering a convenient and cost-effective way to distribute your press release to as wide an audience as possible.
Why press releases?
Sending out regular press releases has long been an important weapon in the arsenal of PR companies that see business news as an essential element of a successful PR campaign. News stories offer an effective way to raise the profile of your business through news-worthy press releases on anything from new product launches, to the opening of a new branch.
Here are a few examples of how a press release can help you reach your target audience:
- Control over your story: writing and then submitting your own news stories is the best way to retain control over the content; providing you with an opportunity to put into words what’s important to your business, and therefore helping to build a reputation for your brand.
- Effective PR and marketing: as already mentioned, press releases have long been popular with PR agencies and it’s not hard to see why. A well-written and effectively distributed press release offers a budget-friendly business publicity strategy, making this particular marketing strategy particularly suited to SMEs and start-up businesses.
- SEO: nowadays an effective SEO campaign goes much further than using the right keywords. Although a press release might not have a direct impact on your SEO rankings, if it’s well-written and engagement is high, your release could make an appearance in an organic search or Google news.
- A boost for social media: even a quick scroll through Twitter or Facebook demonstrates how popular press release content has become on social media. Furthermore, news releases offer the perfect springboard for subsequent tweets, status updates or LinkedIn posts, helping increase traffic and giving your business a pulse.
- Promote your expertise: a press release is your chance to shine and rather than thinking of your business as an accountancy practice, for example, instead, why not position yourself as a specialist within your field?
What’s the best way to submit your UK press release?
So now you understand the benefits of a press release, what’s the easiest and most effective way to submit yours to news sites? The simplest strategy is to use a UK press release distribution service.
Press release distribution services do exactly what they say on the tin: rather than you sending your story to lots of different news agencies, the PR distribution service will do this on your behalf. A PR distribution service saves a lot of hassle in a lot of ways; rather than having to find media outlet contacts yourself, for example, your chosen service will do this for you. Furthermore, by using a UK press release distribution service such as News By Wire, SME’s and fledgling businesses will be assured that their story is going to reach an audience that’s closer to home and therefore more relevant.