The finalists for Manchester’s newest awards programme have been announced today – with 40 local individuals and businesses in the running to becoming an ultimate Northern Gamechanger.
With the likes of TalkTalk, HideOut Youth Zone, Go Thrift, UA92 and The Juice Academy shortlisted, the awards, which will take place on 14th September, celebrate those that make a real difference in the region with a force for good.
Unlike most awards before it, the Northern Gamechangers will not have any defined categories – instead, all finalists will excel in a number of areas, including sustainability, decarbonisation, social mobility, diversity and inclusion, and charitable partnerships.
Judges, including Anna Gledson, Managing Director of The Manc Group; Tim Heatley, Co-Founder of Capital&Centric; Sharon Amesu, Founder of SA Consulting and Amer Gaffar, Director of Manchester Fuel Cell Innovation Centre, will name a total of 10 Northern Gamechangers in September’s ceremony.
The brand-new awards programme is the brainchild of north-west based business consultancy, Elevate, and was launched after noticing the little recognition available for those making a real difference.
“Seeing so many individuals and organisations across the region being nominated has been brilliant. We already knew there were plenty of people using their influence for good, but this has really highlighted the game changing attitudes of the north’s pioneering business community,” said Katie Robson, Co-Founder and Director of Elevate.
“We can’t wait to champion those people who are making a real difference – the main reason we wanted to launch Northern Gamechangers, was to shout about the fantastic work people are doing in the realms of sustainability, charity, diversity and many more”, she adds.
Hoping to bring together all walks of the business community, the ceremony will offer an accessible ticket price, as well as a fun and relaxed evening of celebration and networking (no white tablecloths in sight, promise!).
Programme sponsors include leading independent PR agency, The PHA Group, which last year launched its northern base; Manchester Central, the city’s thriving exhibition and conference centre; and Appleyard Lees, Intellectual Property specialists.
To purchase your ticket, head to Elevate’s website. A full list of the Northern Gamechanger finalists can be found below:
· Abi Dunn, Sixty Eight People
· Abigail Herron, Aviva Investors
· Adam Farricker, HideOut Youth Zone Manchester
· Adam Pope, Spencer Churchill
· Agent Academy
· Carl Walker, Go Thrift
· Catherine Wilks, Slalom
· Chris Roberts, Safe As Houses
· Christos Tsaprounis, Autotrader
· David MacDonald, Cullen ECO Friendly Packaging
· Dr Ruth Brown-Shepherd, FSB West Yorkshire Academia-Industry Network
· Duane Cormell, Realm Recruit
· Emma Louise-Fusari, Inhouse Health
· Fund Her North
· Gary Woodhead, CurveBlock
· Georgia Fitzgerald, Juice Academy
· Grace Dyke, Yellow Jigsaw
· Hannah Cox, BetterNotStop
· Heard Storytelling
· Helen McHugh, TalkTalk
· Helen Seagrave, Electricity North West
· Holly Holland & Laura Pomfret, Financielle
· HOME Team
· Husain Bensaud, HBL Associates
· Isobelle Panton, University Academy 92
· Jason Laing, ProMake
· John Eckersley, Castefield Partners
· Katie McIntosh, The Remedy Kitchen
· Lauren Rosegreen, Invisible Cities Manchester
· Lee Chambers, Essentialise Workplace Wellbeing
· Liam Starkey, The Inclusive Hub
· Lyndsay Hymas, Slalom
· Manchester PA Network
· Max Whiteley. Accounts & Legal
· Rebecca Hartley, Saving Grace Events
· Simon Mellin, The Modern Milkman
· Sophie Walker, Dsposal
· The Royal Exchange Theatre
· Tiffany Thorn, BiVictriX Therapeutics