The people accelerator focusses on building entrepreneurs within the region
Transform SY has opened applications for its second cohort, giving 20 South Yorkshire founders the opportunity to join their world class business accelerator, it was announced today.
The Transform SY programme is a bespoke, intense one-to-one accelerator that aims to challenge entrepreneurs, take them out of their comfort zone and unleash their innovative leadership and growth potential.
The programme has 3 key support mechanisms including:
- Transform SY Events – bi-weekly workshops with practical knowledge entrepreneurs can apply to their businesses immediately
- Transform SY Community – connect with 18 entrepreneurs from Cohort 1 and 40 more between Cohort 2 and Cohort 3 and utilise their expertise and connections, or simply reach out for a chat to someone who’s walking the same walk
- Transform SY Enablement – bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with an ‘enabler’ who helps them set and hit ambitious goals, working with them to remove obstacles to success and holding them accountable for their progress.
Powered by Entrepreneurial Spark, a leader in the entrepreneur support industry with a decade of experience and thousands of entrepreneurs supported all over the world, the programme is currently delivering its first cohort, consisting of 18 leaders from South Yorkshire and creating an additional 10 new jobs – just one example of the success already achieved.
You are eligible to apply for Transform SY if you are:
- A founder of a business enabled by tech,
- Based in South Yorkshire,
- Your annual revenue is less than £1m.
Applications will be open from May 27th until June 17th and are on first-come-first-serve basis so applying earlier is advised as to avoid missing out.
Transform SY is part of TEAM SY a joint initiative between Capital Enterprise, experts in tech startup ecosystems, and Barnsley Council, accelerating the development of a flourishing entrepreneurial community in South Yorkshire. It is part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
Transform SY is delivered with the support of UKSE and South Yorkshire MCA. Its first cohort will conclude in June 2022 and Cohort 2 will commence in July 2022. The programme is fully free for business owners but demands commitment of 3-4 hours per week.