The first set of speakers has been announced for this year’s UK Construction Week London, which makes a welcome return to ExCeL from May 2-4, following a hugely successful first year in 2022.
High-profile names from modular housing, sustainability, building design and architecture feature on the wide-ranging programme, along with a few familiar faces from the world of TV.
Celebrating Culture Change in Construction, UKCW London will host three days of debate and discussion from top speakers on how the industry can move forward to tackle its biggest issues, including quality, fire safety, sustainability, offsite manufacturing, mental health, and improving diversity and inclusion.
UKCW London will also feature sessions and seminars led by industry experts across the show’s six stages; the show will feature an incredible 300 speakers, with over 150 hours of CPD seminars available.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark Thurston – CEO, HS2
- Professor Sadie Morgan OBE – Founding Director, dRMM; Chair, Quality of Life Foundation
- Simon Rawlinson – Head of Strategic Research and Insight, Arcadis
- Caroline Gumble – CEO, Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Bola Abisogun – Digital Director, BIM Academy; Founder and Chairman, DiverseCity; Chair, CIC diversity committee
- Rebecca Lovelace – Founder, Building People CIC
- May Al-Karoon – CEO, Globechain
- Simon Jack – BBC News Business Editor (Business and Economics Chair); Victoria Derbyshire – BBC news and current affairs presenter (EDI/Careers/Skills Chair); George Clarke – Architect and Channel 4 presenter
Nathan Garnett, UKCW event director, commented: “The calibre of speakers is one of things that really sets UKCW apart, and this year is no exception; this is only the start, however – we will soon be making more big announcements in terms of VIP keynote speakers and exciting new elements at the show. Watch this space.”
Visitors will also be able to find sections dedicated to Digital Construction, Infrastructure, Offsite, Surfaces, Net Zero including Renewables, HVAC, Energy Management; Build Show including Roofing, Cladding and Insulation; Tools; Health & Safety; Fire Prevention; Future Lab; and a Careers Trail.